The team members at Dunlap Marketing are telemarketing gurus. Did you know that on average, our staff has 12 years of experience making business calls? Generating leads and scheduling appointments inside various business sectors is how we spend our time – and we don’t want to brag, but we’re pretty darn good at it.
We have reached the finale of the Telemarketing Tips, From the Pros series. To wrap up, our team will share tips on closing out a cold call conversation, along with some miscellaneous BONUS TIPS!
Closing Out a Cold Call
Regardless of the outcome of your call, these are tips you can utilize during your cold calling journey. Keep in mind that your prospect was not waiting at their desk for you to call – this mentality should stay at the front of your mind all the way to “goodbye”.
- If you’ve agreed upon the next steps with the prospect, such as scheduling an appointment, be sure to verify the date, time, and address (if applicable).
- Always be professional and polite. A call should end as pleasantly as it started – thank the prospect for their time, even if you didn’t schedule an appointment.
- Keep a positive attitude and don’t allow yourself to get discouraged by “no” – each “no” is one call closer to your next “yes”!
- Set daily goals for yourself. If you don’t reach your goal, remember that everyone has bad days sometimes.
- Only schedule quality appointments – two quality appointments are better than five mediocre appointments.
- Be alert and speak with confidence. Be prepared to quickly get to the point of your call and to answer potential questions.